Sunday, October 10, 2010

Scrap Fabric Picture Frames

In most 2nd hand stores there are entire isles devoted to picture frames and hideous art, but if you're like me you don't even see the art that is in the frame.  Instead you see a vast assortment of incredibly cheap frames just begging for a make-over.  I also have a ton of really pretty fabric scraps and after flipping through an Anthropologie catalog I got this cool idea that really makes the frames look less shabby and your walls oh so colorful!
Artwork from various etsy sellers - really the best place to buy art

Just takes a glue gun and some old clothes and viola!

These guys came from an illustration manual which I then pasted on some wood blocks.

...more wood blocks...

This is a photo from etsy (look under lomo-something I forget) - you can modge-podge over the photo w/o harming it



No comments: